Mr. Ashish Kumar Singh works in a logistics company in Mumbai. He often wants to spend his weekend in a serene & beautiful place, away from hustle and bustle of the city. For this, he is searching a second home destination near Mumbai. He is persistently in touch with realty agents, checking websites of numerous developers and visiting construction sites. Like Ashish, many people are looking for buying their second home near Mumbai.
We often hear the greetings, “Have a wonderful weekend”, and “have a beautiful weekend”, “Nice journey” and think of enjoying our weekend or casual outings in a special way. And what would be better for us than owning a second home in our favorite weekend gate away destination. Areas adjoining Mumbai are famous for tourist destinations and property rates are quite affordable. There are several other reasons for investment also. Let us have a glance on the areas, where we can make an investment and why it is so –
- Virar – You can redefine your living by purchasing a second home in Virar. This suburban area of Mumbai city is really a hot spot for property investment. The location is well connected with road, airport, train and bus. The beautiful places to visit in Virar are Yazoo Park, Great Escape Water Park, Takmak Fort, Space Apple, Jivdani Temple, Arnala Beach etc. The property prices in Virar have slopped downwards over the 1 year. In Q2 15-16, the average saleable price was 3712 Sq/ft and now in Q2 16-17 the average saleable price is 3657. So, it’s wise to make a purchase before the property prices accelerates.
- Vasai – One of the good areas for realty investment is Vasai, a suburban town in Palghar district, Mumbai. Some of the places to visit in Vasai are Tungareshwar Temple, Chinchoti Water Falls, Rangaon Beach, Bhuigaon Beach, Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctury, Sargam Waterpark to name a few. Siddarth Kale has recently discovered two caves in Parol village, situated beside the Vasai fort. The average saleable price in this region is 4128 Sq/ft at Q2 15-16.
- Dahisar – It is good to invest in Dahisar, 25-30 km from Mumbai. Resale, ready to move, freehold properties are available in Dahisar east and west areas. Places of visit include Sri Vittal Rakhumai Mandir, Govardhan Nathji Ki Haveli, Shiv Temple and Bhatala Devi Mandir
- Thane – You can gift yourself and your family a holiday treats at Thane. Some of the best places to visit in Thane include but not limited to Upvan Lake, Korum Mall, Titwala Ganesh Mandir, Bassein Fort, Mahuli Fort, Butterfly Park – Ovalekar Wadi, Naneghat Hills, Gorakhgad Fort, Sunset Point. The average saleable price of properties in Thane is Rs 8,471.
- Lonavala – This is a town in Pune district and well connected to towns of Karjat, Telegaon Dabhade, Khopoli etc. The tourist places around Lonavala are Lohagad Fort, Karla Caves, Tiger’s Leap, Rajmachi Point, Tikona Fort, Kune Waterfalls, Miniature World Museum, Morvi Dongar etc.
- Khandala – Almost every one of us have heard the name of “Khandala” because of its enchanting valleys, grassy hills, meandering waterways and beautiful lakes. Lonavala & Khandala – twin hill stations, about 100 km from Mumbai are getaway from the city’s crowd. Several luxurious and budgeted hotels are available at the location. However, it is better to buy a home in Khandala that enjoys a pleasant climate for most of the year.
- Alibag – The place Alibag is situated around 100 kms from Mumbai and is famous for beautiful coastal beaches. Though October-July is the best time for weekend trip but people come to this place all the year around. The natural beauty and convenient location make this place a second home destination.
- Ratnagiri – Being a part of the Konkan Coast, Ratnagiri is popular for beautiful sea beaches, valleys. Here, the food is excellent and this is home to Alphonso Mango, the king of mangoes. Around 85% land surface in Ratnagiri district is surrounded by hills. Along with natural beauty, the city is known for its well developed infrastructure. So, whether you want to enjoy the weekend or accommodate your extended family in a new house– Ratnagiri can be a good place for realty investment.